Friday, January 20, 2012

So I went to the gym today...

And I decided to ride the bike so I could read more of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which for those of you who have not read, it an absolute must read. As a side story, I finally got to a part, half way through the book, where they finally start to deal with the entire premise of the book, at 28:30 minutes into my 30 minute work out - I'm like dying from the suspense now. Anyway, I burned much less calories than doing the elliptical, but I feel like I used different muscles and I might be sore tomorrow. I can't remember where I heard this, but I feel like I've heard that exercising different muscles actually makes you lose weight faster - something maybe about increasing your metabolism? Does anyone know if there's any truth to that? Because if there is, I might be convinced to alternate between the bike and the elliptical - and get to read my book as an added bonus!

1 comment:

  1. I think the fastest way to lose weight is to not exercise at all. That's just what I heard though :)

    ReplyDelete